|Relative Density - The relative density of an object is the ratio of the weight of the object to the weight of an equal volume of water.|
|Buoyancy - Aids in rehabilitation of weak muscles and painful joints by reducing weight-bearing on joints.|
|Hydrostatic Pressure - Fluid pressure is exerted equally on all surfaces of an immersed body, the deeper a body is immersed the greater the pressure.|
|Viscosity - A measure of the frictional resistance of a liquid, this is significantly greater in water than air.|
|Surface Tension - Occurs where water meets air and as a result resistance to movement is greater than movement in air alone.|
|Temperature - Water temperature can affect rehabilitation, aid relaxation and improve pain management.|
These are important components to consider and understand when planning effective aquatic rehabilitation programmes.
- Changing the water level promotes the proper resistence for specific joints or muscle groups .
- The high visibility design offers outstanding viewing from every angle to better promote patients progress.
- Buoyancy reduces relative bodyweight of the patient, minimising concussive forces on the joints and limbs.
- Training in water is very effective in building up cardiovascular strength and endurance.
- Hydrostatic pressure provides constant pressure on a limb to reduce swelling and improve circulation.
- The unique walk through design removes the need to turn the patient around within the chamber after each session.
- Adjustable water temperature promotes relaxation ,rehabilitation and pain management.
Veterinary practice benefits:
- Standing out from your competitors is essential in today's increasingly difficult business environment
- Adding hydrotherapy to your practice allows you to complete the rehabilitation process
- Improves client relationships through better service
- Allows you to offer a referral service to neighbouring practices
- Provides added value to your clients
- Generates additional income
- Older animals benefit from a better quality less painful existence and the commercial benefits of an extended lifespan for working animals such as sniffer,search and rescue,guard and guide dogs is incalculable.