Acravet Ltd in conjunction with Dr Paul Brazzell will present a two day seminar/workshop on small animal abdominal ultrasound scanning in the DSPCA campus Mount Venus Road, Rathfarnham Dublin 16 on 22nd and 23rd June 2011.
The course includes ultrasound training as well as discussion of the business and marketing of veterinary ultrasonography.
- Image optimisation and knobology.How to use ultrasound features and tools.
- Basic Physics and artifacts.How to use artifacts to your advantage.
- Full abdominal ultrasound scanning protocol. A routine for smooth scanning.
- Basic abdominal ultrasound (hands on) Liver. Gall Bladder.Spleen,Kidneys,Urinary, Bladder and Prostate.
- Emergency Ultrasonography .The 5 minute exam in the E.R. patient using the four quadrant approach.
- Ultrasound guided fine needle aspirates and Tru Cut biopsies.Techniques and limitations
- Advanced Abdominal Ultrasound,Gastrointestinal tract,lymph nodes,Pancreas,Adrenal glands, Great vessels and Biliary outflow tract,
- The business of Veterinary ultrasound
Course notes will be provided and CPD points available.Participants may bring their own machine for practical sessions but a range of scanners will be available for use each day.
Dr Paul Brazzell DVM is a 1988 graduate of the University of Saskatchewan Western College of veterinary medicine.He practiced privately for over 15 years in small animal referral practices that he built and owned before pursuing his passion for ultrasound full time.He has over 20 years experience in veterinary practice and has incorporated ultrasound into general ,emergency.referral,and mobile ultrasonography practices.
He offers a unique perspective on the business and marketing of ultrasound.
Dr Brazzell teaches ultrasound at Western Veterinary College in Pomona,CA.He also provides in hospital and seminar based abdominal and cardiac ultrasound education to veterinarians in Canada and the U.S
He is co-owner.Vice President and General Manager of Canadian Veterinary Imaging Inc.
For further details contact :
Pat Kavanagh Mobile :087 2503629 or e-mail email@example.com
or click on the following link to register online.